Destruction of Temple/Destruction of Jerusalem
Jesus predicted the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem and the desolation of the city of Jerusalem. This was fulfilled in 70 AD.
Predictions of the Destruction of Jerusalem
- Matthew 23:37-37 - O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Predictions of the Destruction of the Temple
Mark 13:2 - And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Jesus left some unambiguous time markers about when the destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem would occur.
Some Standing Here
The ministry of Jesus was about 30-33 AD. The destruction of Jerusalem by the Roman armies was in 70 AD. There were people who heard Jesus speak who lived to see the destruction that He predicted.
- Matthew 16:28 - Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
- Luke 9:27 - But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
- Mark 9:1 - And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
- Matthew 23:36 - Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
- Matthew 24:34 - Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
- Mar 13:30 - Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
- Luk 21:32 - Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.